As Rogue One: A Star Wars narrows down its theatrical run, we now have the official release dates for the films home video debut, thanks to Starwars.com The critically and financially successful Star Wars Prequel (yes, this is still technically considered a prequel) will be available on digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere starting March 24th, with a Blu-Ray, DVD and On-Demand release date of April 4th. A trailer for the films home release can be viewed below.
The Blu-ray release will include a ton of bonus features exploring many of the concepts behind the film and some unique insights into the films characters.
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
The Gareth Edwards directed film is the first of what are sure to be many Star Wars standalone films. Rogue: One a Star Wars story was a massive success for Disney and Lucasfilm film, grossing over a billion dollars at the worldwide box office.
Check out our review of the film here.